If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (425) 775-5723

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Soot Damage

Even a small and unsuspecting fire can happen in the kitchen and at SERVPRO of Edmonds we have seen it all. Occasionally something will get left for too long in the oven, microwave or on the stove. Occasionally appliances malfunction and overheat. Even though you may not see major structural damage you can see the aftermath of soot damage. Our professional technicians utilize 'chem sponges' to test walls that contain small soot particles almost invisible to the naked eye. It is important to remedy soot damage as it can seep into surfaces creating an unpleasant smell and affecting air quality for inhabitants. In this photo you can see the soot collected on the ceiling before it was professionally cleaned. Call SERVPRO of Edmonds if you think you have soot damage in your home or business!