Electrical Fire in Bothell
This Bothell home experienced fire damage that affected several rooms after an electrical malfunction. Luckily the team at SERVPRO of Edmonds was quick to respond. Keep in mind that the five most common causes of electrical fires are faulty outlets and appliances, light fixtures with incorrect wattage, overused extension cords, space heaters and outdated wiring.
Four things to consider if you experience an electrical fire;
- If the device that is causing the electrical fire is found, and you can reach the cord and outlet safely, unplug it.
- If the fire is small, you may put it out by smothering it with baking soda.
- It may also be put out by removing the oxygen source with clothing or a heavy blanket if the fire is small and it is safe to do so.
- Don’t use water to put it out. Water is a natural conductor of electricity and if you throw water on an electrical fire, you can get shocked or electrocuted. Also, water may enable to fire to spread by conducting electricity throughout the room and potentially igniting flammable materials.